Study in Canada

Most foreign nationals require a study permit in order to study in Canada.

To apply for a study permit, you must show proof that you have been accepted by one of the designated learning institutions (DLI) in Canada.

In order for the application to be successful, you must prove that you are a genuine student, will leave Canada at the end of your allowed stay, and have the necessary funds to support yourself while studying in Canada. You must also be admissible to Canada.

If you intend to work in Canada after graduation, you must choose a school that offers PGWP-eligible programs. The Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) will allow a student to remain in Canada to work. Otherwise, you will be required to leave within 90 days after completing your studies in Canada.

Immigration Refugee and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) is not responsible for any payment you make to a designated learning institution. When choosing a learning institution, you may want to ensure that a full refund is available in case your application for a study permit is refused.

Make your future brighter by studying in Canada. We can help you every step of the way.

Fill out the form to receive information about how you can become a student in Canada.



While every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of information on this website at the time of publication, additions, updates, alterations and changes in circumstances may occur between the time of publication and the time the user views the information. Somerset Immigration Consultancy advises website users to verify the accuracy and completeness of the information before committing to any course of action. You can also speak with an immigration professional here.