The Home Support Worker Pilot Program accepts applications for permanent residence in Canada and not to be confused with the temporary foreign worker program. You’ll need to work for a total of at least 24 months on a full-time basis within 3 years of receiving the initial home support work permit.
Under this pilot program, the home support worker can immediately bring the spouse and eligible dependent children to Canada – you will arrive together in Canada.
1. The home support worker’s spouse and dependent children can apply for an open work permit or a study permit.
2. The home support worker can switch employers without the need of getting another work permit for as long as you remain to work as a home support worker.
3. The home support worker must work for a total of 24 months on a full-time basis within 36 months of receiving the initial home support work permit.
1. You’ll need an offer of employment.
2. Get a CLB 5 mark on your language test.
3. If you went to school outside of Canada, you’ll need your school credentials evaluated.
4. You’ll need to undergo a medical exam along with your accompanying family members, provide police certificates and the usual security requirements.
5. You’ll need to be able to prove that you are able to do the duties and responsibilities of a home support worker.
The published processing time is 12 months from receipt of a completed application.