The Home Child Care Provider Pilot Program accepts applications for permanent residence in Canada and not to be confused with the temporary foreign worker program. You’ll need to work for a total of at least 24 months on a full-time basis within 3 years of receiving the initial home care provider work permit.
Under this pilot program, the home child care provider can immediately bring the spouse and eligible dependent children to Canada – you will arrive together in Canada.
1. The home child care provider’s spouse and dependent children can apply for an open work permit or a study permit.
2. The home child care provider can switch employers without the need of getting another work permit for as long as you remain to work as a home child care provider.
3. The home child care provider must work for a total of 24 months on a full-time basis within 36 months of receiving the initial home care provider work permit.
1. You’ll need an offer of employment.
2. Get a CLB 5 mark on your language test.
3. If you went to school outside of Canada, you’ll need your school credentials evaluated.
4. You’ll need to undergo a medical exam along with your accompanying family members, provide police certificates and the usual security requirements.
5. You’ll need to be able to prove that you are able to do the duties and responsibilities of a home child care provider.
The published processing time is 12 months from receipt of a completed application.